Fred. Olsen Windcarrier buys Seafox 5

Fred. Olsen Windcarrier buys Seafox 5

21-12-2018 12:00:00

Fred. Olsen Windcarrier has signed a contract with Seafox International Group regarding a 51 percent ownership in the jack-up-vessel Seafox 5. The Singapore-based Keppel Offshore and Marine Ltd. Owns the remaining 49 percent of the vessel.

We are very excited to welcome Seafox 5 to Fred. Olsen Windcarrier’s fleet. Seafox 5 is a vessel designed to function in the deepest water levels and near the most challenging offshore wind farms in Europe, Asia and the US. We see This as a great investment, and the vessel will be a great addition to our current fleet”, says CEO of Fred. Olsen Ocean, Even Larsen

Seafox 5 will be united with Brave Tern and Bold Tern in Fred. Olsens offshore wind- and installation fleet i before the end of the year, where it will be under the company’s commercial, technical and administrative management.

Seafox 5 is a multifunction, self-elevating DP2 jack-up unit build to work for the offshore market in oil and gas. The vessels first job will be at the Hohe See Offshore Wind project in 2019, where it will work side by side with Brave Term

The vessels total length is 151 meter and it is 50 meter wide. Seafox 5 is also equipped with a 1.200-ton crane and has capacity for 150 employees. It functions in depths of 65 meter.


< Front page

Copyright © Maritime Denmark