Talented Vessel Manager to TORM
In TORM, we all work together as “One TORM” to become the Reference Company in the product tanker industry. If you want to be one of us, we are looking for a talented and ambitious colleague, who is ready to join our Vessel Management team in Copenhagen.
What we can offer
The right candidate will join a skilled team with focus on driving One TORM Safety Culture and delivering high quality technical operations on our vessels at the right cost level. Consequently, the position contains great potential for development and influence.
As a Vessel Manager in TORM your tasks will be:
• Overall management of the assigned vessels
• Ensuring that the vessel’s management team is adequately supported and that the vessel is in compliance with classification and flag documents in a valid state for trading
• Responsible for the vessels’ budgets
• Engaging in resolving technical issues on the assigned vessels
• Close follow-up on the vessel’s maintenance ensuring optimal operational efficiency
• Ensuring that the vessel is tradable at all times
• Securing that the vessel’s staff adhere to the company quality guidelines and procedures
• Responsible for our performance leadership program on the assigned vessels
• To be an ambassador for the new One TORM Safety Culture – Driving Resilience program
To succeed in the job
To build a successful career with us, you should be passionate about doing a great job and always act with your stakeholder’s needs in mind. You are excited to learn and try new things, and you bring your ideas to the table. Furthermore, the work environment is very important to us, so the right candidate will be one who can contribute to the positive social atmosphere in the team.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
• Marine Engineer with excellent results
• Marine experience as engineer preferably, but not mandatory, on board a tanker vessel
• At least three years in a similar position
• A team player with excellent cultural understanding and awareness
• Fluent in both spoken and written English
• Customer focus and ability to communicate easily with both technical and commercial staff
We can offer a competitive salary which will reflect your experience and qualifications, and an attractive benefits package including bonus and pension. We believe in freedom and flexibility under responsibility, so the office hours can be adjusted to accommodate your work life balance.
As the working environment is very important to us, we value bonding across departments. You can for example do cross-fit or yoga in TORM’s Sports Club, train in any fitness center or attend some of our cultural or social events, just to mention a few activities for our employees during the year. Furthermore, we have a fantastic office building located in Tuborg Havn with a great lunch scheme provided by Meyers Canteen.
For further information regarding the position, please call Vessel Group Manager, Rasmus Højmark (+45 2437 9732) or Group HR (+45) 3917 9231.
Please submit your application and CV via the above link or our website as soon as possible and no later than 15 August 2019 at HERE
The people of TORM are our real asset and we believe in ensuring the best possible working environment, both at sea and ashore. In Torm we enjoy working together in a professional, international and informal working atmosphere. We pride ourselves in providing an environment that encourages professional and personal development and gives room for ambition. The people of TORM are different nationalities, age and gender, and TORM supports equal rights for all employees.|
TORM is one of the world’s leading carriers of refined oil. The Company runs a fleet of approximately 80 vessels. TORM was founded in 1889. The Company conducts business worldwide and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. TORM’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen and NASDAQ New York. For further information, please visit www.torm.com