• Are you a 2nd engineer, preferably with a Chief Engineer license, ready for a new challenge on shore?
• Do you thrive with a dynamic and everchanging environment?
This is a unique opportunity to join the progressive and competent Maersk Line Fleet Management & Technology team.
An exciting role with the world’s largest and most efficient container vessel operator, part of a dynamic and international organisation with the possibility to continuously apply and develop your competencies.
You will within Maersk Line Fleet Management & Technology, Fleet Operation act as ship manager for the day-to-day technical operation and maintenance of the global A.P. Moller - Maersk Group fleet of container vessels.
In this position, you will become a vital part of a highly skilled and motivated team working with a proactive approach towards managing very technical and efficient container vessels.
This is your opportunity for personal and professional development as part of a truly international environment that challenges you to work across borders, cultures and disciplines to deliver second-to-none performance of our fleet.
In addition, Maersk Line Fleet Management & Technology offers unique career opportunities for high performing employees possessing the necessary skills and competencies.
You will be based at the head office of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group in Copenhagen, Denmark and some international travel must be expected.
Reporting to the Fleet Group manager, you will act as manager responsible for the technical operation and maintenance of a number of highly sophisticated container vessels equipped with latest technologies such as electronically controlled engines and state of the art Waste-Heat-Recovery systems, amongst others.
Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to develop your leadership abilities by being the direct manager for the Captains and Chief Engineers that are assigned to the vessels under your responsibility. The aim is to ensure safe, efficient and cost-effective operation of vessels under your responsibility, fully aligned with the company’s goals and core values.
• Manager for the Captains and Chief Engineers that are assigned to the vessels under your responsibility
• Ensuring safety is regarded as a primary responsibility
• Strong focus on effective teams and ensuring highly skilled persons in all positions onboard the vessels
• Management of all technical matters relating to the vessels under your responsibility
• Responsible for planned and unplanned maintenance, repairs and modifications to the vessels’ hull and machineries within the approved budgets
• Planning and coordination for inspection and dry docking of the vessels
• Ensure that all vessel certification and surveys for class, flag and international requirements are in order
• Follow up on the performance of the vessels and arrange corrective actions to be carried out when necessary
• Overseeing financial budgets for maintenance, repairs, stores and dry dockings
• Make suggestions for innovation, savings and improvements within the area of responsibility
• Monitor the quality of all services rendered by shipyards, workshops and suppliers to ensure they are in accordance with regulatory standards and customer requirements where necessary
• Conduct technical and vetting inspections
• Provide operational feedback to improve Maersk Line’s future newbuilding pipeline in terms of safety and efficiency
• Daily, weekly and monthly reporting to management.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate holds an 2nd Engineer degree, preferably with a Chief Engineer license and has sailed preferably on a container Vessel.
The position calls for a person with a great overview and excellent communication and collaborative skills, who is able to navigate between many different stakeholders and tasks at the same time. You have strong managerial skills with the ability to ensure development of your employees. In addition, you are a self-motivated, strong team player, able to see the bigger picture.
You are a structured and motivated person, who maintains a high drive even within a hectic and dynamic environment. Your language skills are excellent in both written and spoken English, which is the company language.
You also have a strong and ambitious drive, and you are capable of making independent decisions based on experience, knowledge and information available for each unique situation.
Overall, you have a positive mindset and are willing to go the extra mile to succeed.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on email@example.com.