Klik venligst
danmarks-rederiforening.gif

Cosco completes OOCL acquisition

Cosco completes OOCL acquisition

02-07-2018 13:00:00


The government-owned CoscoCS has gone public about their acquisition of OOCL for 6.3 billion dollars the day close to the deadline of 30 June. Last Friday OOCL announced, that the Chinese Government’s Anti-Monopoly Authority would not ban the transaction from happening.

"All prerequisites for the offer were lived up to," OOCL writes in the announcement.

The Chinese container giant thereby becomes the third largest container ship operator in the world once the acquisition is completed. The deal creates an industry giant with more than 400 ships with a total capacity of 2.9 million TEU. The only container companies bigger are Maersk Line and the Mediterranean Shipping Company.

Coscos acquires 90.1 percent shares its Hong Kong-listed rival, while the Shanghai Port International Group holds the remaining 9.9 percent of the shares in the company. The deal was concluded in July last year, but became subject to a number of approvals from competition authorities.

Source: TradeWinds / Maritime Danmark


Klik venligst

< Front page

Copyright © Maritime Denmark



Breaking News

- Storm results in cancelled departures
- Express 1 close to dangerous collision
- Association criticises Maersk sulphur charge
- Venta Maersk writes history
- Maersk merges Maersk Line and Damco
- International standards are necessary
- CEO Jens Holger Nielsen leaves Samskip
- Unifeeder expands in Great Britain
- Maersk Line changes to BAF
- Christiansø ferry service is on the market
- Edda Mistral jumps the gun on Hornsea
- DFDS invests in environmental compliance


Todays Top 5



This weeks Top 10

- International standards are necessary
- Unifeeder expands in Great Britain
- Maersk Line changes to BAF
- Maersk merges Maersk Line and Damco
- Tanker ran aground in Aabenraa
- CEO Jens Holger Nielsen leaves Samskip
- Venta Maersk writes history
- Express 1 close to dangerous collision
- Association criticises Maersk sulphur charge
- Storm results in cancelled departures
Klik venligst
Klik venligst
Klik venligst