More cars chose HH Ferries in first quarter
Scandlines Helsingør-Helsingborg has kept progressing and had an increased number of private vehicles and trucks onboard during the first quarter of 2018. Customers took advantage of the expansion of the route plan for the ferry Hamlet, a ferry on which many guest like to have a meal.
The route between Helsingør and Helsingborg had 239.000 vehicles onboard during the first quarter, which was an increase of barely 2 percent compared to the same quarter of last year, and this meant that the ferry company increased its market share.
"Our numerous initiatives to combine punctuality with good service on the Helsingør-Helsingborg route have been well received by our customers. The increased attention during the first quarter of the year has contributed to the fact that for the first time we have an increased number of private vehicles onboard. And it is not just a matter of increase in the number of private vehicles - the progress is also due the fact that Scandlines Helsingør-Helsingborg route druing the quarter won market shares in private vehicle traffic across the Øresund, which is very satisfying, "says Johan Röstin, Managing Director of HH Ferries AB in a Press release.
- The number of trucks onboard increased by almost 4 percent to 111,000 (2017: 107,000) in the first quarter, and the amount of freight increased to 1,311,000 tonnage (2017: 1,265,000 tonnage).
- Bus traffic on the route amounted to 2,500 units in the first quarter (2017: 2,700).
- The total number of passengers also rose to nearly 1.29 million (2017: 1.28 million).
- The number of departures amounted to 11,900 – which is almost similar to the first quarter of2017. Precision remained high, and capacity utilization on the car deck was almost in line with the first quarter of 2017, despite the total capacity increasing by 3 percent following the expansion of Hamlet's sailing plan.
- The use of AutoBizz Smart increased by 5 percent compared with the same period last year.
Also contributing to the success is the latest initiative with a new and ambitious eating and meeting place - LAT56 ° Bistrobar - onboard the ferry Hamlet, which has been launched successfully, the company informs.
Source: HH Ferries