Head of Electrical Support
To TORMs expanding fleet of product tankers we are looking for a Head of Electrical Support, who is ready to define the overall strategy for the Electrical Support team. The right candidate will join a motivated team with focus on delivering high quality of electrical support and maintenance to our vessels. Consequently, the position contains great potential for development and influence.
As Head of Electrical Support, you will be responsible for defining the overall electrical standards for approximately 80 TORM vessels. Reporting to the Head of Vessel Management and with three direct reports, your tasks are versatile and will include:
- Defining the overall strategy for Electrical Support, Electrical Operation and Maintenance
- Day-to-day support on electrical equipment onboard as well as around the clock support on electrical issues
- Ensuring that all class, customer and flag state requirements are fulfilled
- Defining and follow up on KPIs for electrical support
- Monthly reporting for status on electrical support
- Supporting project managers with electrical issues
- Supporting dry docking specifications
- Providing electrical support and troubleshooting to vessels to increase the standard for daily jobs
- 10-20 travel days per year
We expect that you have minimum five years of relevant work experience as an electrical engineer from a shipping company, ideally from a similar position.
Furthermore, you have/are:
- Educated Electrical Engineer with excellent results
- Marine experience as electrical engineer, preferably onboard a tanker vessel
- Excellent at team working and motivating staff
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Customer focus and ability to communicate easily with both technical and commercial staff
- A strong decision-maker, who is also resilient and capable of crisis management
A contract on local Danish terms, a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including bonus, pension and health insurance.
Based in Copenhagen, you will be part of a leading, world-class shipping company. Our corporate culture is characterized by well-defined values and an informal, but performance oriented working environment.
For further information regarding the position, please call Head of Vessel Management, Nikolaj von Wartburg (+45) 39 17 93 50 or HR Manager, Carina Cappelen (+45) 39 17 93 84.
Please submit your application and CV via below link or our website www.torm.com no later than
15 March 2017. Applications are evaluated continuously and interviews will take place as soon as possible.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE:
Your application will be treated in absolute confidence and our reply will be sent to the email address from which you send your application.
The people of TORM are our real asset and we believe in ensuring the best possible working environment, both at sea and ashore. In TORM, we enjoy working together in a professional, international and informal working atmosphere. We pride ourselves in providing an environment that encourages professional and personal development and gives room for ambition. The people of TORM are different nationalities, age and gender, and TORM supports equal rights for all employees.
TORM is one of the world’s leading carriers of refined oil. The Company runs a fleet of approximately 80 vessels. With activities worldwide, TORM is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. TORM’s offices are located in Copenhagen, Houston, London, Manila, Mumbai and Singapore. For further information, please visit www.torm.com