Wooden ships have begun the race
On Tuesday, 60 ships went out on the first stage of the Limfjorden Rundt. Many ship interested people already gathered on Monday in Løgstør to see the many old wooden ships meet, before the race started at 8:30 this morning in Løgstør.
Among the ships that will compete in the race this year, are the three three masts ships Loa, Fulton and Marilyn Anne. The latter is the largest participating ship with 135 tons.
It is the 27th time the race has been held and like always, the start is in Løgstør.
1. Leg is sailed on Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 from Løgstør to Thisted.
2. Leg is sailed on Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 from Thisted to Struer. Sailing west of Mors.
3. Leg is sailed on Thursday, September 11th, 2014 from Struer to Nykøbing.
4. Leg is sailed on Friday, September 12th, 2014 from Nykøbing to Fur. Sailing north of Fur.
5. Leg is sailed on Saturday, September 13th, 2014 from Fur to Skive.
Prizes in the various classes, as well as special prizes, will be awarded in Skive.
Source: nordjyske.dk and Limfjorden Rundt / Maritime Denmark